Ireland’s leading luxury technology business Chupi are seeking to expand their exceptional team. We are recruiting for a Senior Production Manager to join our Production team for a fixed term contract.
Carrying overall accountability for the production function of the company which will include people and budgetary management, you will be part of the senior management team which determines all business decisions, reporting directly to the leadership team.
Responsible for the implementation of production strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed client expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence.
Utilising best practice methods and through Continuous Improvement across all manufacturing related areas of the business, you will be working closely with internal and external key stakeholders regarding technical support for activities, striving for best in class products and managing teams and projects across the business. You will be responsible for delivering on Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the production function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards while ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated.
General and Task Management
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Implement a customer focused operational culture to ensure our company can deliver on the exceptional client service we expect
- Develop and manage master production schedule and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Teams, ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets
- Manage the accurate and on-time introduction of new products
- Support project management to cross functional activity required for project execution
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- Inspire and motivate the team
- Show courage, openness and honesty in all dealings with peers and direct reports
- Show a collaborative approach to others
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives
- Work with the team to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and client deliverables
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
- Complete regular performance reviews, consistently managing performance firmly and fairly
- Manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
Financial and Budget Management
- Input and hold responsibility for production budgets
- Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Proactively work with product line management, service and other departments to incorporate best practices
- Report on Production activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of technology change and potential effects on supply
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, self motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Technical mindset
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Demonstrable experience of leading a production function with a proven track record in strategic production leadership delivering effective strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Proven project management and build quality experience
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Knowledge and technical understanding of jewellery processes, components and manufacturing techniques
Who we are:
Described by the Irish Times as one of Ireland’s most loved brands, we have taken diamonds into the 21st century. We are a digital first luxury brand operating a borderless business model whilst making each and every piece of our heirloom jewellery in Ireland.
Our business is growing at an exponential rate, with 51 people on the Chupi team we are recruiting for several key roles across our expanding company and we are only beginning to scratch the surface of our global ambition.
From a start up to an international business in just a few years, we are a team with expertise in technology, luxury, jewellery, marketing, brand and above all people. From luxury sales and marketing to sustainable supply chain development, our people are brilliant, ambitious and committed to our purpose. We have built our business on a culture of kindness, care and constant learning, building a community of support and mentorship within our teams, encouraging achievement through a continuous cycle of innovation, improvement and an unceasing aspiration for better.
We make pieces that celebrate our customers' most precious moments, heirlooms that will last for generations to come. Come build a brighter tomorrow with us.
- Be part of an internationally focused business where there is huge opportunity for personal growth, including individual budgets for training delivered through a personalised professional development framework
- Strong focus on a work/life balance, we don’t believe in the ‘always on’ culture, we prioritise quality over quantity and productivity over presenteeism
- Supportive, inclusive and collaborative open company culture - anyone can lean in and learn from our ambitious and highly motivated team
- Sustainability and our corporate social responsibility are at the heart of what we do at Chupi. Our team is driving change in every aspect of the business, innovating in our industry and changing the world for the better - we encourage everyone to be leaders in driving this change
- An empowering wellness programme
- A generous diamond discount and annual allowance
- 30 days annual leave
- Matched pension contribution
We live and breathe technology, our team are digital natives and work across a number of industry standard platforms. Our website, www.chupi.com and our store Atrium use Shopify as our eCommerce and POS platform, that seamless integration has made us one of the best performing Shopify sites in Ireland. Alongside Shopify, our customers enjoy a number of custom built solutions built on AWS powering customer insights, product customisation and innovative CX solutions.
We utilise Asana for project management, Slack for intra company communication, Xero for finance, Google Drive for collaboration, Dropbox for content management, Zendesk for customer care and DEAR for cloud based inventory to ensure as a team we have the best tools at our disposal to grow and scale an international business.
This is a fixed term (minimum 18 Months) full time salaried position (subject to probationary period) primarily based in our studio in Dublin 6. The hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Terms will be discussed with the candidates at the interview stage. You will report directly to The Leadership Team If you think this sounds like you please write us a cover letter detailing why you think you would be ideal for this role at Chupi and attach it along with your CV and any other relevant documents to: email@example.com
The role is open for applications until mid-September.