Described by the Irish Times as one of Ireland’s most loved brands, Chupi has brought diamonds into the 21st century. Chupi are a digital first luxury brand operating a borderless business model whilst making each and every piece of their heirloom jewellery in Ireland.
Connexus Recruit are proud to be supporting the multi award-winning fine jeweller, Chupi. Chupi are one of the most successful homegrown brands of the past decade and are currently seeking an experienced Head of Marketing to lead their international expansion.
Reporting directly into the CEO and Leadership Team, the Head of Marketing will be responsible for leading across all aspects of Marketing strategy for the business in the Irish, UK, US and other international markets.
- Drive the overall marketing strategy for the business across local and international markets – as the Chupi brand expands globally with values rooted in heritage, sustainability and luxury.
- Work with the Marketing team and across the business to inspire, develop and execute the brand story.
- As a Digital first business, the Head of Marketing will be fully responsible for overseeing and leading all aspects of Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, Brand and Design.
- You will also be tasked with leading, mentoring and coaching a high performing team of 10+ marketers across all areas of digital and traditional marketing.
- We use OKRs as our overall system. You will be managing marketing OKRs and KPI’s across the key marketing teams to provide a united vision and prioritisation along with analysis and reporting of marketing performance.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of integrated marketing and business development plans.
- As a luxury brand you will work with your team to elevate and innovate within luxury, always considering how to elevate the brand offering.
- Work alongside the technical eCommerce team in order to ensure that digital channels are fully optimised, driving traffic and up to date with relevant rich content and promotions.
- Work alongside the performance marketing team who are highly focused on social and search advertising to manage acquisition and retention.
- Buying fine jewellery is the beginning of a life long relationship. It’s a considered purchase that can take up to a year and will last a lifetime. You will work alongside the Head of Customer Experience and the leadership team to develop acquisition, retention and loyalty strategies that reflect that journey.
- Play an integral role in developing the Chupi brand pillars and brand voice across all areas of marketing and product promotions.
- We have our expertise in house, from brand to design to all performance channels. It means we are agile. Experience in managing those teams in house and not through agencies would be advantageous.
- Community is at the heart of what we do. You will work with the Marketing team to develop our community strategy and alongside the Head of Customer Experience to bring data, vision and innovation to delight our customers.
- Work alongside our Head of Customer Experience to bring in a CRM and develop our customer insights.
- 6+ years’ experience in senior marketing management positions, leading and managing multifaceted teams.
- Relevant 3rd level degree.
- Demonstrable experience in leading digital strategy for a B2C brand with a strong ‘digital first’ attitude towards marketing.
- Growth focused with experience of leading successful growth strategies across new market entry and existing market.
- The ability to manage multi faceted teams.
- Must understand a brand focused approach to marketing. How brand communicates everything we do and why we do it.
- A very ambitious growth mindset to match that of the business.
- The business is growing 25%+ YOY, you will want to drive that growth and have the ability to operate within a fast paced growth minded business.
- Influencing skills are critical. An ability to bring stakeholders with you, the confidence to advocate for your vision whilst demonstrating the ability to communicate with clarity, brevity and impact.
- Experience working within the luxury/ premium brand space would highly advantageous but not essential.
- An ability to motivate, lead and inspire those around you.
- Project management across a remote business with a tight calendar is key. You will effectively manage a large number of marketing and business development activities.
Chupi is growing strongly with 51% growth YOY in 2020. With 54 people on the Chupi team we are recruiting for several key roles across our expanding business and we are only beginning to scratch the surface of our global ambition.
From a start up to an international business in just a few years, we are a team with expertise in technology, luxury, jewellery, marketing, brand and above all people. From luxury sales and marketing to sustainable supply chain development, our people are brilliant, ambitious and committed to our purpose. We have built our business on a culture of kindness, care and constant learning, building a community of support and mentorship within our teams, encouraging achievement through a continuous cycle of innovation, improvement and an unceasing aspiration for better.
We make pieces that celebrate our customers' most precious moments, heirlooms that will last for generations to come. Come build a brighter tomorrow with us.
The Chupi Team:
- Be part of an internationally focused business where there is huge opportunity for personal growth, including individual budgets for training delivered through a personalised professional development framework.
- Strong focus on a work/life balance, we don’t believe in the ‘always on’ culture, we prioritise quality over quantity and productivity over presenteeism.
- Supportive, inclusive and collaborative open company culture - anyone can lean in and learn from our ambitious and highly motivated team.
- Sustainability and our corporate social responsibility are at the heart of what we do at Chupi. Our team is driving change in every aspect of the business, innovating in our industry and changing the world for the better - we encourage everyone to be leaders in driving this change.
- An empowering wellness programme.
- A generous annual diamond allowance and discount.
- 30 days annual leave.
- Matched pension contributions.
We live and breathe technology, our team are digital natives and work across a number of industry standard platforms. Our website, www.chupi.com and our store Atrium use Shopify as our eCommerce and POS platform, that seamless integration has made us one of the best performing Shopify sites in Ireland. Alongside Shopify, our customers enjoy a number of custom built solutions built on AWS powering customer insights, product customisation and innovative CX solutions.
We utilise Asana for project management, Slack for intra company communication, Xero for finance, Google Drive for collaboration, Dropbox for content management, Zendesk for customer care and DEAR for cloud based inventory to ensure as a team we have the best tools at our disposal to grow and scale an international business.
This is a full time salaried position (subject to a probationary period) offering a flexible arrangement between home from home and some office based work. The candidate will need to be able to attend meetings, events and company get-togethers in Dublin city as the role requires. The hours 9am-5pm GMT Monday to Friday. Terms will be discussed with the candidates at the interview stage. You will report directly to the CEO.
If you think this sounds like you please write us a cover letter detailing why you think you would be ideal for this role at Chupi and attach it along with your CV and any other relevant documents to our recruitment partners in Connexus Recruit:
Graham Morris: email@example.com
Keith McLoughlin: firstname.lastname@example.org